Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Viv Harrison
    Participant

I’m not sure of the “facts” here but it would be great if Visit England (and others) start to explore needs/behaviours of new types of family, ethnic groups etc. What tourism choices are being made, and why. If such date exists and I’m not aware of it I am sure someone will point me in right direction.

laura Clayton
    Participant

Working in a heritage organisation, the issue of an increasing proportion of our population being born outside of the UK is an interesting issue. Do we need to think more about whether out heritage offer needs to be apdated? Should we be doing this regardless of additional commerical income this could bring in?

admin
    Keymaster

admin
    Keymaster

We searched for comprehensive data on the tourism (and leisure) patterns of BME citizens and migrant groups during the course of this project, but very little exists. This has been a common feature of our work with organisations across the leisure market – a recognition that these groups are increasingly important but a lack of knowledge in terms of how their leisure behaviour differs. If any user does have a good source or information on this topic, please share!

Have any individual businesses seen increased demand from these groups? What are your experiences?

Thanks,
    Tom (moderator)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.